1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When athletes attack!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mrbio, Jul 29, 2011.

1. mrbio

mrbio Member

The media sometimes gets on the nerves of pro athletes. Ryan Leaf, Hal McRae, Bobby Knight, Mike Tyson, the list goes on and on. I also heard of a story of Richard Todd, the former Jets QB, physically picking up a diminutive tabloid reporters and hanging him up in his locker (can anyone confirm). Let's start a thread and discuss some of the historic incidents of when athletes attack the media, it could be funny to learn about some of these incidents and other ones that did not get widespread notoriety.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ken Griffey Jr. and Bob Kravitz at the all-star game several years back was very underrated.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

More info, please.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Tony Stewart / Mike Mulhern

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

It wasn't an attack, but I have to add a verbal back and forth between Tony Stewart and Larry Woody.

Woody won, because HE'S LOCAL!

6. mrbio

mrbio Member

Verbal attacks qualify!

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Better make that BOB Knight, or you could have your own story to add here.

Nothing really 'funny' about media being attacked by athletes.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

What about when journos attack? Patriot DB - in all senses of the word - Raymond Clayborn got clocked in the face by the legendary Will McDonough.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I know some athletes want to punch reporters who waste time and access asking them about their favorite foods, movies, etc.

10. mrbio

mrbio Member

False Piotr, you lie!

11. I know some reporters want to punch reporters who waste time and access asking them about their favorite foods, movies, etc.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Jim (Chris) Everett and Jim Rome

Draft saved Draft deleted