1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When a birthday falls on Thanksgiving...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Where should the candles go when celebrating a birthday on Thanksgiving?

1. the turkey

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. cranberries

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. stuffing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. pie

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. none of the above

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This.

Kids take their birthdays very, very seriously. If you try to combine it with someone else's birthday or another holiday, they will (rightly) feel slighted.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I have a good friend whose birthday falls on Thanksgiving every once in a while. In about 17 years your son might enjoy the fact that his birthday is considered one of the top days for hitting the bar.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Buy him a stripper. C'mon, pops.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He's gonna be four. If I was going to buy a stripper it would be a gift to myself as I'll to deal with both sides of the family that day.

5. Mizzougrad96

We have friends who have two sons, three years apart, with the same birthday.

They throw separate parties for both kids on back-to-back days. Each year they switch who gets the first birthday.

Many of the other parents think they're insane. I think they're being really smart and being sensitive to the fact that they don't want their kids to feel short-changed.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

What were they celebrating nine months before that they have two kids with the same birthday?

Bet it's Valentine's Day or their anniversary, which are usually "sure to score" events.

7. Mizzougrad96

Both are nine months to the day of the husband's birthday. It's kind of the running joke. When the wife got pregnant the second time, the original due date was two weeks later, but the doctor told her several months in that she was further along than they initially thought and the due date was pushed up...

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

As a co-worker once said about her husband: "Yeah, it's his birthday. ... [sigh] ... I suppose I'll have to give him sex."

Draft saved Draft deleted