1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When a birthday falls on Thanksgiving...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Where should the candles go when celebrating a birthday on Thanksgiving?

1. the turkey

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. cranberries

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. stuffing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. pie

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. none of the above

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My son's 4th birthday happens to fall on Thanksgiving this year. So the wise-ass in me is preparing early with this question...

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Get him a cake and put the candles on that so he doesn't feel like his birthday is being co-opted by Thanksgiving.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This.

My birthday is near Mothers Day, and I always felt short changed as I had to share my celebrations.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Yes. My nephews' birthday is Dec. 17. They don't even share cake with each other; they shouldn't have to go up against Jesus, either.

My birthday is March 17. No lack of celebration there.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The inclusion of the word "wise-ass" in the OP is the only thing stopping me from screaming in anger at this thread.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

A cake. There must be a cake with colors that have nothing to do with Fall.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Every six years, my birthday is on Thanksgiving. We always had a separate cake for the occasion. Here's the thing: on the national day of gluttonous food intake, is there such a thing as too many desserts? No there is not.

Also, I can attest that german chocolate cake goes good with turkey :)

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

We're going to get him a cupcake or cake with candles for the celebration. But like I said, the wise-ass in me couldn't resist making a joke about combining it into Thanksgiving.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My sister is due with her third on Thanksgiving -- and she's hoping he/she is early. Her birthday is Dec. 17 and she always HATED that it was so close to Christmas. Still does. And she does not want her kid to have to deal with that every six years or so.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Then I say put the candles in the gravy

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"As God is my witness, I thought turkey cakes could fly."

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I like this Wenders chick.

My birthday also falls on Thanksgiving this year and did a couple times when I was growing up, and I agree with the previously mentioned statements.

Draft saved Draft deleted