1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wheel of Fortune episode -- Jan. 23 (Wednesday) SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Dec 10, 2007.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Re: Update on Wheel of Fortune appearance

Oh, I got the breakdown of what I could and couldn't wear on the show. Though they don't require men to wear coat and tie any more.

I will find out when the air date is when I get on the set. I then will post on here and let you know and what color (no, dammit, the color I'm standing in front of, you know, red, yellow or blue) I am on the show.

Though i do like bubbler's idea of F, U, C, K. I might be better off with S, H, I, T though.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That ice cream truck driving was a freak of nature. Granted, he died soon after he won all that loot. But what an American hero. And he was smart, too; he whammied out his first time on the board. "I'll spin, Peter."

Fuck yeah, you'll spin again. Because you're a hero.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

There have been rumors for a while that they're going to make a movie about this guy, starring Bill Murray. That would be outstanding.

4. clarkington

clarkington Member

I can't tell you how jealous my wife is. She tried out, got the letter in June ... and we're still waiting for the phone call. She is starting to think she's not going to get on at all ... and when I told her you got your letter and the phone call within the same week .... let's just say not good! I keep telling her to be patient. We live in central Illinois and they're coming to Chicago in May, I think. If it doesn't happen then, then she can worry! GOOD LUCK!

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Actually, I think they said they would be in Chicago next month.

They also told me the Atlanta market was somewhere from they were desperate to get contestants. So that might had played a role in it as well.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Anyone notice 'Fued' in the title screen?

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The look on Sajak's face when she asks for a K is priceless.

8. clarkington

clarkington Member

Bydesign -- how did you end up doing?
    Was thinking about you today because my wife got the call today -- of course, she missed and we're still waiting to hear back. So I'll know more later.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Re: Wheel of Fortune episode -- Jan. 23 (Wednesday)

I just got back from Culver City about 10 a.m. this morning. Late flights and all from the West coast.

The show will be shown on Jan. 23 (Wednesday). I did well. I'll be in the Yellow spot (and I'm the only guy on there).

Other than that, I'm not revealing anything else.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Were the other two contestants the sort that you'd donate three consonants and a vowel to?

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I L'ed OL at that

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How about a revealing photo then?

Draft saved Draft deleted