1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what's your stand on gay adoption?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EE94, Jan 10, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

To answer the thread topic question, I'm not for it. I don't think it's healthy. There's no gender balance for the child.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well then, RokSki, you might be labeled a homophobe. It should be duly noted, however, that among those who typically post for gay marriage here are some who see the problems with gay adoption.

The kids with a Daddy or Mommy who come out of the closet; however, have their own problem.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I half-buy this, but I must point out that this is hardly the most important distinction between homosexuality and "abhorrent" behavior such as rape, murder, and incest.

Homosexuality doesn't eradicate the rights of others. When practiced, it is an exchange between consenting adults. You cannot consent to rape, murder or incest.

THIS is the profound difference between the two. I'd argue that sexuality implies some expression therein. So monks are asexual, regardless of which sex they fantasize about.

We agree but for different reasons, buckweaver.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Thanks to a society that fetishizes sexuality but pours to theatres to watch stylized torture.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

But that's where we differ, and that's the distinction I was making. Homosexuality cannot be "practiced" because it is not a behavior.

What is a "homosexual" behavior? Is it anal sex -- no, that's not limited to homosexuals. Is it sodomy -- no, that's not limited to homosexuals, either. Consenting heterosexuals are perfectly free to practice those behaviors, as well. ... Homosexuality is not any of those actions ... it's something different.

Murder, incest, rape, et al ... those are actions. Those are behaviors.

Homosexuality is no such thing. It is not a behavior. Therefore, it cannot be classified as an "abhorrent behavior". It cannot meet the former description if it is not the latter.

What you said is correct. Rape, murder, et al, are not consensual. ... But there's another distinction that has to be made first which makes your point moot. Correct, but moot. ;)

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

Me too! Can they adopt a 29-year-old?

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

But again, I hesitate to think they'll breast feed you....

Draft saved Draft deleted