1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your ringtone and why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JLaff, Jul 12, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I have several:

"Simon & Simon" theme song: Because it's fun and perhaps the best TV theme song ever. On 99 percent of the time.
    Metallica's "Hero of the Day" Programed for when work calls because that's what we do.

Others:
    "Hail to the Victors:" Because it rules any one who roots for Ohio State is just plain wrong.
    "Axel F:" Because I just want to kick around for the summer and work on my music.
    "Halloween" theme: Because if I had to chose, Halloween is probably by favorite holiday. Besides, I like Jamie Lee's boobies.
    "The Godfather" theme: It's my Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

Still looking for the theme from "Hunter," that 80s cop show starring Fred Dryer.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Like everyone else, I've got several:

General calls - Highland Pipes doing "Scotland the Brave", a nod to part of my heritage.
    Annoyance calls - Like my one sister and particular folks I'd rather not talk to get a danger buzzer sounding thing, like when a sub is about to dive.
    My one cool sister - Cory Heart "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night," an inside joke between us.

For others, I've got a cacaphony of Bjork, They Might Be Giants, Bowie (Pressure - It is not, I repeat NOT Ice Ice Baby), White Stripes, Bif Naked, Blur and assorted 80's new wave stuff.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Gimme Shelter - because bad things happen when the phone rings

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

That's what my daughter uses for my ringtone on her phone.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Mine is the Light Speed notifier on my Blackberry, so it's not really a ring.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

https://www.myxer.com

That little link has been amazing for me. You can cut your own tracks and send them to your phone in a matter of seconds -- for free -- and it's really good quality. So, Highway, you can have Hells Bells in about two minutes.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Shimmy, shimmy ya." Because I like it raw.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

My main ringtone is Stewie playing Marco Polo.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"Hail to the Victors."

Same reason as Oz. :D

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't DO ringtones.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yes!

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Baba O'Riley for generic calls
    Appalachian State Fight Song for MrsExpendable's cell phone (she's one too).
    Kashmir for calls from my home phone
    Hell's Bells calls from my dad
    Rock and Roll (notice a theme) calls from people on my contact list -- a little more important than the Baba O'Riley tone, but not enough for me to shell out the $$$ for to get their own tone.

Draft saved Draft deleted