1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite drink?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Sep 2, 2011.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Ok, I found what I think is the last bottle of Pinot Blanc in my Mogen David kind of town, and, well, it's not for me. Too dry and bitter. Course, it's not a French variety as Michael Gee suggested. It's a 2006 Sonoma County. Just read a review that is totally consistent on this point. I'll see if I can find one bottled in France or Oregon.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Can't duplicate novelist's passion or expertise, but ... this warm, friendly can o' Blue.

3. nck228

nck228 Member

I usually just drink beer (mostly the house ale at the bar I frequent), but I can never say no to a whiskey sour or a gin and tonic.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Beer -- As long as it's cold I'm not picky, always on the look out for something new, but my regular is a Rickards Red.
    Cocktail: A Screw up -- like a screw driver, but with a splash of seven up or sprite. I prefer mine with Iceberg Vodka.
    Fancy drink that borders on a girlie drink: Alabama Slammer slush (1-to-1 Amaretto and Southern Comfort, I go 1 cup of each, in a blender, can of frozen OJ, fill the rest with ice and blend). Simply nothing better on a hot day. Will get you hammered.
    Shot: Gladiator (drop shot, very similar to Alabama Slammer, shot is half amaretto, half southern comfort, drop into OJ, shoot it back)

Non-Alcholic -- all depends on the mood, H20 is always good, so is OJ, milk or black coffee.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Good list.

Beer: Yeah, Coors Light. I apologize. I can go for a Tecate -- if I'm in the mood.
    Cocktail: Mudslide.
    Fancy drink that borders on a girlie drink: Mudslide.
    Shot: Moi.

Non-Alcoholic: Still Diet Coke. All the time.

I mean, all the time.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

In the mood for an old-fashioned. To the liquor cabinet!!

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Beer: Budweiser (diesel)

Whiskey: Crown Royal. Neat. (Ice just gets in the way.)

Gin: Tanquerine/tonic.

Vodka: Anything that is not flavored. (Blueberry, lemon,).....>If I am going to have my vodka flavored, then I will piss in it....otherwise, leave it alone.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Agree on the whole flavoring trend. If I want something in my vodka, it better be natural, like a splash of real OJ or some lemon or lime. Anything else is just faky contrived bullshit.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mrs. t_b_f mixed herself a vodka and cranberry. She's a trooper.

Draft saved Draft deleted