1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite drink?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Sep 2, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've always considered myself a Bourbon man, but recently I've become an Irish whiskey fan. Particularly, the higher end Bushmill's (1608, 16 year, Black Bush) and Jameson's. Those are always enjoyed neat or with a half cube of ice, of course.

But tonight, I'm cocktailing it. I pulled out the old recipe book and fixed myself my favorite mixed cocktail -- an Old Fashioned. Classy, simple, easy to make, still tastes like the predominant ingredient, Bourbon.

Here's how it's made:

Burbon Old Fashioned

3 ounces Bourbon (I'm using Knob Creek)
    1 tsp sugar
    1 tsp water
    2 dashes bitters

Muddle the sugar and water, so the sugar dissolves. I use warm water to dissolve the sugar. Mix the other ingredients over a couple ice cubes in a whiskey glass or with crushed ice in a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or a slice of orange.

Next up, I'll throw together a Manhattan and report back.

What's your favorite drink? Post it and the recipe.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Milk. Straight up.

Milk.

3. three_bags_full

Nice. I like milk, too. But it gives me hella gas.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

three fingers of Jack Daniel's, on the rocks in a lowball glass....

5. three_bags_full

Just not a Jack fan. Too rough for me. It has its place in liquor lore, but I just don't like it.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Beer ... and I don't care if it's expensive or cheap. I just like beer.

although, the fridge is empty and I'm thinking when I get home a nice little mixture of East Tennessee's finest and some grape juice -- both homemade.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Iced tea.

8. joe

joe Active Member

The Macallan, usually 12-year-old because that's about all I can afford. Although I had a 20-year-old one in the Bellagio back in 2005. Neat or with just a few rocks. I'll have to hit the lottery to every afford a glass of the 64-year-old Macallan; for what a bottle would cost, I could damn near buy a small house.

Beer: Prefer the smaller breweries in the Pacific Northwest (Full Sail, Bridgeport and Rogue are favorites). But Boulevard in K.C. and Schlafly in the Lou put out some good beers, too.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My favorite shot is the West Nile Virus (What up, Seattle outing??!!). It's supposed to be one part creme de menthe, one part jager and one part Bailey's. I usually do 1/2 part Jager because it's too strong Jagery-tasting otherwise.

Favorite beer, common: Abita Purple Haze
    Favorite beer, local: Sweetwater Blue
    Favorite beer, swill: Bud

Favorite mixed drink: Vodka Collins or a bellini. Mmmm bellini.

Favorite martini: Cotton candy.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Keith's beer.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've developed an appreciation for bourbon in the past few years. I like Maker's. I also enjoy an old fashioned from time to time and sometimes if I'm not in the mood to go neat or on the rocks I'll throw a couple splashes of ginger ale in there.

I also like Canadian whiskey. I'd probably go with Canadian Club over Crown.

12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

A highball. Tullamore Dew and Schweppes.

Lately I've been enjoying scotch on the rocks. Usually just Johnny Walker red.

I've really taken an affinity for an Arnold Palmer this summer, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted