1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite beer?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Jul 1, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My top five:

Coors Light
    Yuengling
    Labbatt's
    Michelob
    Miller Lite

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's nationwide, but they've been selling it deep in the hearta' for a couple of years now. At that, it's hard to find — in the town I live in, one supermarket is the only place that sells it.

Summer Shandy is the only other Leinie's beer I like. It's best when it's ICE cold — like a tenth of a degree from freezing.

Lately, though, I've been sticking with Miller High Life to offset gas prices.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Leinenkugel was purchased by Miller. Hence they now have access to a much larger distribution system. At least Miller hasn't screwed around with Leine's recipes- for the most part.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'll add a shout out to Pacifico. I picked up a dozen when I was in SoCal last summer to take to a BBQ at my cousin's house and really enjoyed it. I'll be back out there again in two weeks, will definitely be picking up more Pacifico.

Few more I usually have in my fridge after a trip to my local liquor store:

Hockley Valley Dark (micro from Orangeville, Ontario)
    Tiger (from Singapore)
    Fuller's London Porter

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Natural light (/Indiana University partygoer ... they had that crap on tap at 90% of the parties I went to in college).

Teetotaler now, but I always liked Killian's Red when I did drink beer. Of the major domestics, Coors was my favorite.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Stout: Guinness
    Pilsener Lager: Carlsberg
    Lager: Sam Adams
    Porter: Samuel Smith
    Bitter: John Smith's
    Ale: McEwan's Scotch Ale
    Pale Ale: Sam Adams
    Red Ale: Smithwick's
    Bock: Sam Adams
    Kolsch: Shiner
    Black Lager: Shiner

From the Bud/Miller/Coors corporate piss milleu, I grudgingly choose Miller Draft.
    Mexican beer: Bohemia, with Pacifico and Dos XX lager not too far behind.
    From the freaky fruit/spice-flavor sideshow tent, I'll take Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Samuel Smith's Winter Ale.
    Cheap beer: Schlitz, although Pearl in bottles wasn't bad- but I haven't seen it for years.

Draft saved Draft deleted