1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite beer?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Haha, sometimes I feel the same way--but it is good. I won't drink it with a lemon sticking out of it, though.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

You must be unaware that the new thing in high-end craft beer is canning.

Try some Oskar Blues stuff (Old Chub Scottish Ale, Dale's Pale Ale, Gordon or Ten Fidy Stout- all fantastic) or if you are ever in the Twin Cities area pick up some Surly Brewing cans (Bender Brown Ale, Furious IPA, CynicAle Saison or Bitter Brewer ESB). Some of the best and most creative brews you'll have the opportunity to sample.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And if you're going to drink Guinness that's not a draft, it tastes a lot better out of a can than a bottle.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Rolling (spit on the street) Rock is no longer a Pennsylvania beer. It's now brewed in New Jersey.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A beer guy I know says that cans are actually way better for retaining beer taste than bottles, but people think cheap waterbeers when they think cans.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's in the hands of the philistines, now, in any event.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't drink canned beer because all I taste is metal. They could bring me David Beckham in a can and I"d turn it down.

Had forgotten about the Sea Dog Blueberry Ale. That was good.

Also forgot Sunset Wheat, though I have no idea how.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Milwaukee's Best Light. In a can.

Failing that, Keystone Ice. Also in a can.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Ah, college memories.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are talking about sunlight heating and changing the contents, then I agree. But my bottles really do not spend that much time in the sun.

Give me a bottle 24/7/365.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Currently, Blue Moon, but it changes every 6 months or so. Was Guinness, then Boulevard Wheat.

I had Sam Adams Summer Ale and Yuengling Black & Tan while on vacation last month. Loved both. Unfortunately, neither are sold where I live.

Wanna try Purple Haze.

I stay away from Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, anything Coors, anything Budweiser.

Draft saved Draft deleted