1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's up with SMG?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Does Anyone have any idea what is going with the SMG (Sports Media Guide) site?
    It hasn't posted an interview in about two weeks. There has been a a teaser up from Bob Ford(?) from a Philly paper since before Easter, but no interview.
    This morning is a teaser from Dan Daly of the Washington Post.

Any idea why SMG has been putting out interviews?
    I really enjoyed reading them. It was one of my favorite weekly stops.

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

I agree ... I was just about to post a question asking the same thing.

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

That's really good stuff, thanks for posting. Found this part interesting, if only because a large part of column-writing takes place in arguing nuances or finding complicated situations in everyday life:
    "Sometimes there are gray areas, but I'm not paid for gray areas. I'm passionate about everything. It gets me in trouble. I try to present both sides, but I don't see gray, and I don't think gray. Ask the people who know me – I see everything as good or bad."

4. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

plaschke defends one-sentence grafs because it's how he "talks and listens".

what if you're listening for one-sentence grafs but your subject is talking in six-sentence grafs?

personally, like using one-sentence grafs. you don't have to write as much and you get done quicker.

Draft saved Draft deleted