1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's up with Hugo?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is in Cuba and apparently very ill and had to undergo an emergency operation. If he dies, will Venezuela stick to the left or does it end with his death?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/hugo-chavezs-long-absence-spurs-succession-talk-in-venezuela/2011/06/25/AGsXI8kH_story.html

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well the good news is a Hugo death will cause another huge spike in oil prices...bringing us even closer to financial ruin.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Has anyone seen Pat Robertson?

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

If I were George W. Bush, I'd go to the funeral, stand over the grave at the ceremony's end and say, "Does anyone else smell sulfur?" That would be awesome.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fidel Castro is thumbing through his dossier of premature obits.

Cuba ain't got much, but they're good at three things: cigars, vintage automobile repair, and medicine.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And literacy; IIRC, Cuba's literacy rate is far higher than the United States'.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Hugo might be hanging around in Cuba to succeed Fidel.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why would that be?

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We took our 9-year-old boy to watch "Cars 2" this weekend and there were Yugos all over the screen.

The boy said, "Yugos are especially bad because they have no respect for private property rights and are going to run Venezuela into the ground."

"No," I said, "You're thinking of Hugo Chavez. It's not spelled the same because of that Spanish silent H thing. Yugos are cars that used to come from Yugoslavia."

"Same thing," he said. "They're all American-way-of-life-hating commies."

That's when I decided not to get him a subscription for Glenn Beck's new cable channel.

So then my wife turns to us and says, "Which one of those little cars is voiced by Victor Hugo?"

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sounds like the perfect time to invade. :D

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Told to me by Cuban friends.

Name the three accomplishments and failures of the revolution.

Accomplishments - Arts, Education and Sport.
    Failures - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Draft saved Draft deleted