1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's this horrible show on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 20, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Beadle.

The only reason I was able to watch a full episode of SportsNation last week.

2. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

What are you talking about?? Mike & Mike is great it's like listening to gay guys whining about everything! Honestly though, I think their show would be better for Lifetime radio than ESPN radio.

In all seriousness, I do miss Kornheiser, mainly because he didn't seem to give a damn and actually had an opinion, but then I guess that's why he got thrown off the radio. And PTI with Wilbon and Kornheiser is about the only thing I can stomach on ESPN any more. Sportscenter has even gotten to the point of total suckage lately. JUST SHOW ME SOME DAMN HIGHLIGHTS!! I can make my own opinions!

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

PTI (and Around the Horn) are back Monday. My guess is they put this on in that time slot to try to expose it to viewers of those shows. It will then move to its regular time slot and ESPN hopes the viewers will go with it. I doubt they will. I made it through about one BYH* watching this show.

* unit of time, equal to approx. 8 seconds. Usage: "That rodeo rider went a full BYH to win!"

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Still surprised at the level of anger here at Cowherd's radio show. I know he's not Kornheiser, the Patron Saint of the Crossover From Print to Broadcasting... but Cowherd is one of the few hosts with any use for newspaper writers and columnists out there.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed Cowherd when he was doing radio out here - it was a side gig, he was a local sports anchor - but you could tell he enjoyed radio. Now he struggles to sound sincere in between the snarkiness. He's not the only one on radio with the problem.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I think you're mistaking antipathy for anger.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cold Pizza (a/k/a ESPN For Housewives) was better.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He's as bad as anyone this side of SAS, just a complete jerk with little to no insight. He's Eric Kusilius on steroids - that's not a good thing.

9. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

other than an occasional baseball tonight, i pretty much skip past the espn channels every time i turn on the TV.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Mike and Mike are terrible.

Cowherd is so full of himself, that he is borderline unlistenable.

I like Tirico, but his kiss-ass-edness goes over the top.

VanPelt was good with Tirico, but him and Ryan Racillo don't mesh well together, unless they're talking about college football and pussy.

Erik Kaselias needs to be taken out in the desert and have his tonsils removed without anesthesia.

ESPN Radio's stable is full of shit.

Bring back Dan Patrick and K.Olbermann, post-haste.

11. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Cowherd's not bad, IMO. I like him better than the Around the Horn clowns.

Beadle is alright as well ... veeeeeeeeeeeeeery easy on the eyes and not overbearing.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yet until they get a legitimate competitor...they can be garbage.

For the life of me, I still don't even know why FOX Sports Radio is still on the air...

Draft saved Draft deleted