1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Un. Ebbub. Tzup. Henegguhsem.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Bleepin' Connections

Words that start with (blank).

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Its odd that I figured it out - they've warped my brain. The thing about 'member of a '60s rock band' sent me over the edge. I'm sorry, a member of the Kinks is not A Kink.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Connections I thought was going to be straight forward today. Thought I had the yellow category pegged, so I was saving it. Except the one I opted for was yellow. Then I thought it had to be green because it was so obvious. So my next guess turned green. Now I'm confused. Finally I guess the category I was sure was yellow and I'm off one.

So who the hell has a SAMPLE sale? Aren't samples free? Instead YARD (which I thought was the fourth of the category) went with measurements and I'm scratching my head.

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    Matt1735 likes this.
  5. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I think "sample" means "floor sample" like a furniture or electronics store. But I get your point, it's often tricky... and that's why I love connections.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. DanOregon

I've heard of it. I'll often go with what I "think" a category is - then look at the remainders and see if I can narrow others down. The killers are the "tweeners"

7. Spartan Squad

Which is where YARD got me

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Tough one for me today. With my 4th guess, I had 4 greens but still (at least) 4 possibilities. Luckily guessed a word with my 5th which contained 3 of the letters and was able to solve in 6.

9. DanOregon

I had the last four letters - glad I didn't have to use the B.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My usual opener left me with one word. Got it in two.

Webster and tea and ease like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

I think this is the second day in a row they went with the if you get the wrong 4, you're screwed word. I needed 4 also and the bot hated my last guess. It wanted me to use a catch-all word instead of the one I did.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had no idea what today’s word means, and when I guessed it right on my fifth attempt, I thought it was referring to something dirty.

Draft saved Draft deleted