1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the toughest sport of all? Here you go, from Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jan 8, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

How can you take these rankings seriously when curling is in the bottom 10! ;)

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What, it should have been in the top ten! :)

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's fun to watch, but that's about all I can say about it. My favorite Winter Olympic sport.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm surprised a little that Water Polo isn't higher. Not a fan of the sport, and only think about watching during the Olympics, but those guys are tough bastards.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Not sure I get how martial arts is easier than boxing.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boxing is absolutely the hardest.

I'd put wrestling ahead of hockey.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I was thinking the same thing, but then remembered that regular martial arts, not MMA, are scored on points and from what I remember of them, have specific time limits. I think boxing gets a leg up because of the the durability it requires because of the length of top level fights.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I'll second hockey. Shooting a booming slapshot, jumping on and off the ice, punching another guy ... all while balancing on a pair of blades.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I find it hard to argue with most of that, though I might swap wrestling and basketball.

Hockey should also receive bonus points for having its fundamental aspect being foreign.

Most every high school kid can perform the activities necessary to play basic basketball, football or wrestling. Not everyone can skate.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

What about skateboarding? I'm a skateboarding fanboy

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Have to agree. I think I read somewhere that the average player swims 3 miles during a match, and that's tiring enough. I've also heard that the style of play would make Bill Laimbeer blush.

Draft saved Draft deleted