1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the most you've ever eaten in one sitting?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, May 2, 2008.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

When I was in high school, the local McDonalds would have an all-you-can-eat night once a week. You'd pay, get your hand stamped and order anything (except McNuggets) for the first round.

One week I lost a Big Mac-eating contest. I was only able to put away five of them. My buddy managed to down seven of them.

Of course, I suppose there are no winners in a Big Mac-eating contest.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's how we did it, too. We were all getting into the movies; we'd watch them repeatedly in my bedroom. We already had a nickname for our other fat friend, named Fat Mike, so we started calling the other one "Lunchbox." We bought him a Mooby's hat, and even contemplating pitching some dough together for a black trench coat. Thankfully, we didn't. It turns out he hated the nickname, but didn't tell any of us until I asked him about it a couple months ago. So the idiot was walking around being referred to as only "Lunchbox" -- I called him Chris once, and he looked at me in surprise -- for five years. His girlfriend even called him Lunchbox.

He likes it now, and we're all better off for it.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude. I always wear a shirt when I type on here.

5. Out of respect, like Reagan not taking off his jacket in the Oval Office, right?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Of course. Pants are optional in my place. But everyone wears a shirt. Sometimes, when I really feel like paying my respects to you good people, I'll break out the top hat and monocle. You guys deserve a little Mr. Peanut action every now and then.

7. Solid. Damn solid.

8. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

That's fantastic. I'm still not even sure my buddy understood the nickname. One of my boys and I spent an entire afternoon altering our minds and went to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and I called our buddy Lunchbox from that day on. Only a couple of us called him that, and we never really checked to see if he knew where it came from. This was six years ago, and his number is still in my phone with the Lunchbox reference.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So, that explains the bottom line of your sig. :)

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

that was excellent.

I am now reminded of the time, on spring break in 1995, when my buddies and I went to $1 hot dog night at a ballpark in New Orleans. I wimped out after three or four. The winner in our group--a term used loosely, to be sure--ate eight. The bathroom in our already shitty hotel room REALLY stunk that night.

11. Colton

Colton Active Member

shot: Know the river well. Spent the first 12 years of my life in Middletown. Survived Hurricane Agnes when I was a tike.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

11 pounds of crab legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted