1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the most you've ever eaten in one sitting?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, May 2, 2008.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I think back to my college days and laugh.

Once I ate a half-pound double cheeseburger, a quarter-pound single cheeseburger, an order of onion rings and a malt.

Another time I ate 12 Taco Supremes from Taco Bell in one sitting.

I weighed probably 190 at the time.

Once in a while nowadays (roughly 15 years later) I feel like I could pound that much down, but not usually.

What about everyone else?

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Me and some college buds tried the above -- a 10-pound burger in Clearfield, Pa. -- but massive fail did us in.

I once ate 52 wings at Quaker Steak and Lube. Another time, I downed a pizza and a half watching an NFL game.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

SuperSonic Double Cheeseburger (1/2 lb.) with Ketchup, Mustard, Pickles, Chili, Bacon and Jalapenos.

Sonic Size order of Extreme Tots with Chili, Nacho Cheese, Ranch and Jalapenos

Order of Cheddar Peppers

44 oz. Cherry Limeade

With all the chili and peppers, I was wiping my ass with a sno-cone for 2 days.

I would love to try that burger. Heard about it.

I would also love to do the Big Texas Steakhouse in Amarillo. 72 oz. steak plus all the goodies.

I don't know if I could do it, but it would be worth 50.00 to try.

http://www.bigtexan.com/

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Another time I ate 12 Taco Supremes from Taco Bell in one sitting.
    [/quote]

That's what I did the night I went into labor, before giving birth to my daughter. About 5 hours before she was born.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

About the max for me was probably a 10-pack of hard tacos from Taco Hell.

Then again, I'm a lightweight, so it's not real impressive.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I ate six Jumbo Jacks in one sitting, but I was stoned out of my gourds so I don't know if that counts.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just had this discussion with my ex-girlfriend yesterday.

During high school, my friends used to pay me to eat and eat and eat because they said I had a bottomless pit. My buddy Doug bought me a dozen donuts on three consecutive days, and I ate them for lunch.

Another friend offered to pay for my 5-for$5 from Arby's if I could finish them all; he paid -- twice.

I worked at a nursing home, preparing food for the residents, and after the meal, some dude bet me I couldn't eat seven fish sandwiches. I are eight of them, and he paid me in McDonald's cheeseburgers the next day; I had already eaten two.

My brother-in-law told me if I ate the "Macho Nacho" platter -- which contained an entire bag of nachos, covered with high mounds of lettuce, tomato, jalapeno peppers, cheddar cheese, salsa, nacho cheese and sour cream, served on an 18-by-8-inch, oval-shaped plate -- at our local sports bar within a football game, he'd buy that and all my drinks for the day. I ate it before the first quarter ended.

When I was 6, I ate nine pieces of French toast at my parents' before my first friend in the neighborhood invited me over to his place for breakfast. I ate six pieces there.

I'm sure there's some more. I'll think of them soon, I'm certain.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

That's what I did the night I went into labor, before giving birth to my daughter. About 5 hours before she was born.
    [/quote]

I bet that was pleasant.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

I bow in your general direction.

Mighty damn impressive.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

12 doiuble cheeseburgers from White Castle -- with onion chips....

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A couple hours after, you'd be in double labor.

Anyhoo. Once I had a whole bucket of chicken, a large mashed potato and corn.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

I've had the doiubles as well.

Mightie damn tastie.

Draft saved Draft deleted