1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the last movie that made you cry or tear up?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 7, 2008.

1. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

I am so ashamed. Field of Dreams. I shall not see again until I turn 65, which is a mere 5 years away.

2. rube

rube Active Member

Wow like eight people beat me to it. E.T. was the first, and it was on again about three days ago and it never fails.
    And it's not just one part either, it's about the last half hour. What is it about that deformed alien and his eternally linked friend???

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The last one I remember was E.T.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I said this on the Movies that Make Me Cry thread, but the end of Home Alone, when Kevin sees the old man hugging his granddaughter.

Also in a League of Their Own, when Betty Spagetti finds out her husband died in WWII while getting ready for a game in the locker room.

5. The worst one for me, ever.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh yeah. That's a killer.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Bridge to Terabithia (sp?)

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm surprised on all the ET responses. I always thought it was an okay flick for its time, but it never even got close to a sniffle from me. Humph. Different strokes, I guess. Casablanca never got to me either.

And what got to people in Gump? Fine flick, great story, but it never struck me as that much of a wringer, either. Explain, please.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

SPR, in the cemetery?
    No movie makes me cry more.
    There's a scene near the end of Finding Neverland that's turns me into a faucet.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So, you sobbed like a bitch at PS I Love you, but no tears for ET?

Not passing judgment, just asking... :D

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes, the scene in the cemetery, both at the beginning, when he falls, and the end. And when Wade, the medic, starts begging for momma as he painfully dies.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Also, on Episode 10 of Band of Brothers, when all the real soldiers are being interviewed, with their names displayed this time, and you realize which people you've seen talking all this time.

See a theme here? Military...

Draft saved Draft deleted