1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Need to know what exactly is the difference between an iPod and an MP3 player?

Some fuckwad stole my MP3 player off my desk on Wednesday night leaving me struggling to concntrate and block out the surrounding noise at the office. Thus I need to replace it. Previously I just had a regular run of the mill MP3 player, I have never had an iPod, and am wondering if all I use it for is music, is it really worth it to go get an iPod? what can I do on an iPod that I can't on an MP3 player?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It was stolen at work?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

An I-Pod is just fancier.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I believe the iPod is an exception product. I actually own three, and none of them do anything but play music. My Nano could hold pictures, but why would I want to waste space with that?

I haven't seen an MP3 player in years so I don't know how good they are now, but iPods are simply outstanding.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Awesome, thanks guys.

Yeah my MP3 player was stolen at work. I left it on my desk overnight and I'm pretty sure someone on the night cleaning crew lifted it.

6. damn, that's shitty

7. WSKY

WSKY Member

I got an mp3 player that I use to record interviews (iriver) and I got an ipod. I used the mp3 player to play music, but as stated above, it can only play mp3 files. Most — if not all now — songs from itunes are in a different format and are useless on mp3 players.

So, if you're using itunes, an mp3 player will do you no good.

Personally, I enjoy the ipod. I can play games (which helps on long boring flights) and it has a calendar, holds photos and a bunch more stuff too.

Draft saved Draft deleted