1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the conservative radio hosts' strategy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, May 27, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So you will not support Pallister for President in 2012?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rush and Savage actually are the exceptions among the rule these days: conservative talk show hosts (that's kinda redundant, I know) who are self-acknowledged members of (and cheerleaders for) the GOP.

Most of them these days are hiding behind the faux fig leaf of independence or libertarianism. Therefore freeing themselves to be critical of the party.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Iraq War has been especially useful in exposing bullshit libertarians.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Selling meth and spousal abuse will no longer be crimes if we elect a Sox fan. I don't think anyone wants that.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Stop. It.

Stop. It. Now.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And before you know it, white trash father-son teams will be attacking first base coaches in ballparks all over America. Anarchy.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Conservatives have a hard time running "for" something. They are much more comfortable running "against" something, be it commies, hippies, moral decay, gays, terror, Hillary, higher taxes, et. al.
    You see the way conservative administration have a tendency to identify a "threat" early in their terms. Reagan had the USSR, Bush I had Noriega, Bush II the axis of evil. I'm not saying they were or were not justified, but I do think it is a technique to put themselves in the "good" camp and those who oppose them in the "evil" camp.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Radio hosts have a strategy? Hmm.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Rush has ample motivation to maintain his "keep poking a stick into the base's cage"
    strategy:

$30 mill a year.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There is a such a long answer to this...

short answer: said hosts (excepting Savage) wanted Romney all along, didn't count on the Huckster sucking away gobs of votes, had to live with McCain. Meanwhile, Obama scares the shit out of them, because he looks like a two-termer type that they can't smear just for the hell of it. They want clinton to win (to actually fucking win, so they can field their own utopian candidate in 2012) but it's too late for that, so now they'll try to prolong this as much as possible and hope that some bombshell drops on Obama.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't like any of the myriad directions this thread is heading.

Draft saved Draft deleted