1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's on your floor?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I hate vacuuming. I'm thinking about doing laminate flooring in the living/dining room area, kitchen and entrances. I have seen it at Costco "starting at $3.29 per square foot." A friend of mine bought something called Pergo and said he liked it but you have to be careful not to get water on it or it will mess it up (entrances/kitchen).

What's on your floors? Any laminate folks out there? Anyone gotten the laminate flooring via Costco? What do you think about the product? Are there key things I should either make sure the product I buy has or make sure to avoid? Thanks for the advice.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Re: What's on your floor?I

I've got laminate. It's OK. A couple of places where it's troublesome, but overall nice. If you have pets, I would highly recommend rugs, though, with those things you can get to prevent them from sliding around.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hardwood. Apartment living. Original floors. Sanded them and refinished them about 2 years ago and have held up great. Can't beat it.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Thanks Bydesign. Where is it troublesome? In what way? Did you have it installed or do it yourself?

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'm a big fan of lanolium. Easy cleaning simple living. Hardwood everywhere but living room (rug), bathroom and kitchen lanolium.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Dirty draws and Doritos crumbs. Wait, what?

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Well, that's no fun. I have wood laminate in my living room/dining room and I get all sorts of amusement out of my cat trying to make the 90-degree turn and sliding into the wall.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

For starters, 26 alphabet blocks. A plastic farm. Rattle, stuffed penguin, two plastic trains, stuffed rocking horse, wooden animal puzzle, rubber ball, plastic ball, stuffed moose, stuffed cougar, stuffed dog, half a dozen books. Two pacifiers. One sippy cup of water.

And that's just what I can see from where I'm sitting. :)

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Where do you keep all your son's stuff?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Oh, it's all put away. That's my stuff.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Pssst...that was the joke.

12. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

This week's laundry, a few empty Doritos bags, a few bucks in change.

And some bad carpeting that started out beige.

Draft saved Draft deleted