1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's more annoying on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Satchel Pooch, Oct 22, 2006.

?

What drives you more nuts on the Leader?

1. The way Lupica has to laugh or make other noises when he's not talking on Sports Reporters?

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. The way they have to make a ball "on fire" or outline a player in neon during their FB highlights?

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

And as an official, personal third entry ... a couple weeks ago my wife and I were at a restaurant. Some mid-day SportsCenter was on and they showed a clip, like, 10 times of some little kid draining a 20-foot basketball shot and then interviewed the little boy over the phone.

I don't know if they asked him this because the sound was down, but I hope they said to him: How does it feel to be interviewed live on ESPN and having us make a big deal out of an amateur video clip that showed you take SIX STEPS before draining that long shot? Why didn't the volunteer ref call traveling? That would have led to the coach banging a metal chair over the ref's head, which would have make for a better clip.

What a joke that whole place is. Bob Ley should leave to start Yahoo Sports TV or something from scratch.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pick up remote control .... click, click, click.

If it's so bad, why do you watch? Stop bitching and change the fucking channel

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Haven't watched more than half a minute of SR in weeks. I won't even watch Ryan if
    he's outnumbered by jerkoffs, any more.

4. ESPN is the best sports network on the air. It's really good.

5. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I prefer Lupica on fire, but that isn't shown very often.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hard to get through the Sunday DN sports any more without tiring your thumb flipping past
    all of the Loopy house ads and book excerpts. Do they HAVE anybody else in the department? . . .
    oh, never mind . . .

7. sartrean

sartrean Member

Utterances such as "trickeration" is the most annoying thing about ESPN television.

ESPN radio's commentary shows that routinely slam the football prowess of the SEC is also annoying.

8. My favorite ESPN staple is when a quarterback hands off to a wide receiver running through the backfield and everybody on the telecast yells, "REVERSE!" I love it when all four guys on the college football show do it.

Really, I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted