1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's happened to McDonald's fries?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Apr 30, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

Three pages and just a passing mention of Whataburger .... whatashame.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I will climb aboard the Chick-Fil-A waffle fries train. They were a staple in my college diet whenever I went to the student union to grab a bite to eat. Yogurt parfait and waffle fries, not together of course.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Fast-food fries? Nathan's, no contest.

I worked at a McDonald's in downtown 'Cuse for about a week while in college and the working theory was that the more salt you put on the fries the more the customers enjoyed them.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

For some reason, I've never liked Wendy's fries, and everyone seems to love them. And I wish I could explain this one too ... I love BK's fries.

5. jps

jps Active Member

I think that's ok ... but if someone actually says they enjoy BK onion rings? *shivers*

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

WHATTABURGER, holds a special place in my heart. It was the closest restaraunt to our hotel during our college spring break trip to South Padre.

If I remember correctly they have a burger called the "Heart Attack".

Anyway, I'll never forget waving said burger in front of my drunk friends face... he threw up everywhere and they kicked us out.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My boss wanted to eat lunch at Hardees today (I know, ugh), but the fries were different.

They were wider and crispier than usual, and they were awesome.

Has anyone mentioned the reduction in trans fats yet?

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Just want to thank you azom.
    After watching "Supersize Me" - I didn't eat McDonald's or even walk into one for almost a year. Then the smell of the hot fries got me one day, and I would then eat McD's maybe once every month or so.

NOW... after watching that YouTube vid ... UGH .... I'm going to avoid McD's AGAIN.
    Thank you.

Five Guys fries are the best -- they remind me of french fries at the state fair.

9. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I don't eat at fast-food joints often -- or at least often enough to develop a keen sense of french fry expertise -- but I do recall KFC fries being really good the last time I had them.

And I never seemed to mind BK onion rings, either.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The only thing McD's does well anymore is hot mustard. Never has there been a finer sauce in which to dip a nugget.

I miss Chik-Fil-A. As far as I know, the only one in Missouri is in Brady Commons on the Mizzou campus. Don't know about White Castle's fries, but if I saw one right now, I could make Harold and Kumar look like an Olson twin.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

BK onion rings are better than their fries ... for what that's worth.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When I moved here there was a Bojangles (best biscuits), a Boardwalk Fries (best fries) and an Xtra Supermarket (24 hours, lowest prices, monster selection).

Today all have either moved far away or disappeared.

Draft saved Draft deleted