1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's happened to McDonald's fries?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The onion rings do blow, but that tiger sauce is the greatest condiment since Frank's Red Hot.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Hell, I'll go so far as to say it's one of - if not the - premier fast food chains.

I fell in love with that place a few years when I spent an entire summer in Alabama.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I do love the pull on A&W fries. Almost forgot them.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Damn right.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Spot on.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's bull shit, because if you spend your whole life not eating meat you shouldn't order fries that were cooked in meat grease. It's not like the Hindu's are a culture that like to stir up trouble. They just don't want to eat meat. They aren't like the crazy PETA folk, who will curse you for eating a cheeseburger, Hindu's don't care if you eat meat they just don't want it.

And I'm sure someone will say "don't go to McDonald's then," but there are other options. Salads, desserts, and FRIES and since McDonald's are so conveniently located on every corner, it is no wonder they still eat there.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I asumed that they decided to make the fries healty and that ruined them.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was more referring to McDonald's getting rid of the meat flavoring and why they did it. I don't give a damn about people's choices.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This has always boggled my mind as well. That shit is just gross, even by fast food standards.

I've eaten at White Castle sober once...on a dare on my last day at a job. A buddy of mine ate there every day and mocked me for not eating that swill. He bet me I wouldn't eat one of those mini-burgers. Easiest bet I ever won.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

1a. Chick-Fil-A waffle fries.
    1b. Arby's curly fries. (Seriously, two pages and no mention of Arby's? Slippping, y'all. ::))
    The two are totally different, so it depends on which you have a craving for that night.

2. Any place on the Atlantic Shore that serves classic boardwalk fries.

3. Checker's/Rally's (basically, the same style as Arby's.)

4. In-N-Out animal-style fries.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Animal style?

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

(You can get your fries smothered in the grilled onions, extra spread and cheese, the same way they cook the burgers.)

Draft saved Draft deleted