1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What's a nubian?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Chasing Amy is a great flick, but the last 30 minutes (all without Jason Lee, not a coincidence) are pretty lame, with the exception of the Diner scene with Smith and Mewes...

Joey Lauren Adams does bug. She only got in the film because she was fucking Smith at the time... He cut her from Dogma after they broke up. I think she was supposed to get the Linda Fiorentino part...

2. Mizzougrad96

I'm a huge Smith fan, but Clerks 2 is way overrated... The first one is an all-timer, but I was pretty disappointed by the second one.

Jersey Girl was OK, but it was proof that if Smith goes away from what has made him popular (Jay and Silent Bob and dick and fart jokes, his fans won't come along...)

Clerks - A+
    Mallrats - A
    Chasing Amy - B
    Dogma - B
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - A
    Jersey Girl - C
    Clerks 2 - C+

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Never heard that story about Adams before, though it wouldn't surprise me. Glad they broke up when they did if it is true. I like Adams in Chasing Amy, but Fiorentino was definitely better suited to that role in Dogma.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My favorite part of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was the ending, where all the characters from the first three movies exit the movie theater. I love how Smith brings his characters back and makes constant references to what happened in the past. The latter was the one thing I didn't care much for in Clerks II. I thought the movie was hilarious, but aside from the obvious reference -- and beginning and ending -- of the Quick Stop, there really was no tagging to the other movies.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's true. I believe it's on the commentary of Chasing Amy, but it's been a few years since I've listened to it. She was also in Mallrats.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I remember her in Mallrats. When Silent Bob goes crashing through a dressing room door, she is the one in the room topless. There was more to the role, but that scene stands out. :)

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You fucker!

8. Mizzougrad96

She's badmouthed Smith a lot publicly... If you've seen any of his "An Evening with Kevin Smith" he's been known to joke about how much she hates him...

I never understood why Mallrats didn't do better... I saw it opening night and thought it was fantastic.. It's probably the Smith movie I've seen the most times...

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

According to the commentary on Dogma, he was ordered to cut her by the studio. They were still dating when Dogma was greenlighted (is that the right word?). They broke up right before filming started.

But she does really dislike him these days.

10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

A nubian is a type of goat. We had a pet nubian goat named "Phoebe."

Just answering the question. ;D

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I was slow getting to the link, but thanks for that. I'm still laughing my ass off!

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Shit, I wish Smith woulda married Adams, then maybe we woulda seen her in Strikes Back and Clerks2 instead of his skeletor wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted