1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's a guy suppoosed to do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rubadubdub, Jul 22, 2006.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Man, change the gender and make the career one where a lot of the men are gay and I could have written that post when I was 40.  My biggest problem ... I didn't really believe that anyone could love me.  Turns out I had missed all kinds of signs and possibilities over the years because I couldn't see them.  I found my first (and only) love a week after I stopped looking.  It started as a friendship but changed very quickly and the biggest hurdle to get over was allowing myself to be loved. 

Confidence is what make's the difference.  And remember, being single doesn't mean life isn't worthwhile.   :)

2. boots

boots New Member

Look, I've been rejected more times than a hooker. Does it hurt? Yes. Do I give up, No. Remember, you only need one to tell you yes. Then your pride, and something else, will perk up.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

This is stellar advice. When guys view every new girl that comes by as a potential "accomplice," it just makes them seem creepy and desperate.

Desperate is NOT attractive. Confident and independent-- incredibly attractive.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

To put it in a less refined way, "Don't put pussy on a pedestal."

Also, remember this: Odds are enormous that the next woman you meet will not be your soulmate. She might be taken. She might not be interested in you. You might not be interested in her. Your personalities might not be a good fit. If you approach each woman you meet with an internal attitude of "Hey, she probably isn't my soulmate, so relax, be myself and have a good time," you will project confidence and have the right frame of mind for when you do meet the woman of your dreams.

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Take Boots' advice -- find a chick who likes to get pounded hard in the pooper all day every day.

6. boots

boots New Member

Take it like a man. Hell this is a fucked up business to meet people. Getting rejected is part of the profession. Personally, i woul've gone out with the coach. You got advice from a guy who was trying to get next to her yourself and as a result, you're stroking your pipe instead of her. Think about it the next time you get a hard on pal.

Draft saved Draft deleted