1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whatifsports.com - I know I am a loser

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 2, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am addicted to this hoops dynasty thing on this site.

Is anyone else as much as a loser as I am?

I have played baseball (decently) and college football (poorly) as well, but hoops is where I have found my one-team obsession.

Sorry if this has been covered in the past, but if it has, it was before my time on here.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

I figured I'd bump this back up because there have got to be more people that play this. I've always liked the college football dynasty the best, but have recently picked up a team in college basketball as well. And I think right now they are offering free seasons in both college football and college basketball for first-time users if anyone is interested in playing.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As far as the thread topic, I had some buddies who were big into their baseball version a couple of years ago. I never got into it because I was too cheap to pay for it, but they said it was really cool.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Anyone who can't spell looser is definitely one!

8. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Yeah you basically get to build a team of any player in baseball history. It's definitely pretty cool and although he is a bit maligned on this forum, Bill Simmons has done some nice write-ups on the site. I personally prefer the Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty because I enjoy the recruiting and chance to rise up the ranks.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I just like doing the random sim games when I'm bored. I've never done any of the league stuff. Probably just as well as I'd get way too into it.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This has to be right in your wheelhouse...

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Used to do the sim leagues -- loved the theme leagues, like state or city leagues or (my favorite) the alphabet league -- in which you had to have 25 players whose last names all started with a different letter.

Draft saved Draft deleted