1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever happened to ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wonder if Gerardo is still Rico Suave? More likely, he goes up to middle-of-the-road women in bars and creates problems.

"I'll eat you raw like sushi ..."

"WHAT THE FUCK! Who the hell do you think you are, asshole!"

"Gerardo ... I'm Rico Suave."

"Let me tell you something.

There's nothing Rico Suave about chasing a Dos Equis with a Zima ...

There's nothing Rico Suave about intentionally speaking loud enough for the bar to hear that, "You know the white chick on my right in the Rico Suave video? I banged her. No dude, the one on the right!"

There's nothing Rico Suave about wearing a tearaway tank-top emblazoned with MTV Spring Break '91 on it. Especially with your name circled on the back.

There was nothing Rico Suave about your follow-up album to Mo Ritmo -- Mo Nueva Jack Swing: 1992 -- Fear Of A Bugged Out Planeta -- you were behind the popularity curve on New Jack swing, Public Enemy, rap lingo (bugged out?), hair metal (the Spanish rap version of Fly To The Angels, dedicated to Pookie from New Jack City, was unfortunate), and fashion. Wearing your ripped up jeans Kris Kross-style on the album cover was not cool.

There's nothing Rico Suave about weighing 3 bills, not to mention the nacho chip residue apparent in the fat folds hanging over your Zubaz shorts. You look like Horatio Sanz gone horribly wrong.

2. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

yeah, but Gerardo was pretty good in Can't Buy Me Love

3. Oscar Madison

Oscar Madison Member

Please tell me you had to look that up. I like bad sitcoms as much, if not more, than the next guy, but knowing the Full House theme is down right embarrasing. Now if you knew Family Ties or The Patty Duke Show, that would be cool?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, we have answers to "Wyatt" and Franklin Stubbs. That's great. I don't  have a  lot of those cable channels like VH-1 and MTV, so it's tough to catch those 'where are they now' shows. How great is that answer about being 15 and kissing a 30-year-old married to Steven Seagal?! And good for Franklin Stubbs, who I really liked for some odd reason growing up. Sure, he wasn't the best of the Dodgers, but he just went out and played hard.

My family used to have season tickets to the Showtime Lakers. One night I see who I think is Franklin Stubbs walking to get some popcorn or whatever. As he got closer I could tell it was him, so I told my buddy, "Hey, that's Franklin Stubbs." He said, "Who?" What I remember most about Stubbs is that after the first week of maybe the 1985 or '86 season, he led the NL with maybe 4-5 homers and 12 RBIs and I thought, "He's going to have a great year." He never did. I was sorta bummed when the Dodgers shipped him to Milwaukee, but then, we never would've been able to experience Greg "Crocodile" Brock.

So, what about Supertramp? I keep hearing his songs on the radio. Today, I heard 3 different Supertramp songs.

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Whatever happened to Rebecca Gayheart? I know my sister saw her at a party in NYC a couple of years ago and she was very nice and, to me, she was always one of the most beautiful women around. But, damn, you run over some kids one time and your career comes to a halt?

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Ginger Spice is a U N ambassador for starving children or something.

And since we are leaning heavily on 80's musicians...

The other guy in WHAM, Andrew something or other.

7. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

Supertramp's official website hasn't been updated since 2002 when they were coming off a tour and releasing a new album

8. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

Andrew Ridgeley apparently is married to a former singer for Bananarama and owns a restaurant

Rebecca Gayheart is still making movies, with two TV movies due out this year

by the way, found a site called What Ever Happened To ... "www.weht.net" that might answer a lot of these questions

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Last I heard anything about Andrew Ridgeley, he had a kid with one of the girls from Bananarama. No bullshit. (EDIT – nice work, hoops ;) )

But even if he were nowhere, it'd still be better than anything his fucked-up former Wham partner has going on. Who'd have ever thought 20 years ago that Andrew would be the normal one of the two? (that is, if we'd thought about Andrew at all even back then)

10. Oscar Madison

Oscar Madison Member

Whatever happened to Jaleel "Steve Urkel" White?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's up to his bug eyes in baseball cards.

I remember one night he went on Leno, who found out Jaleel is a huge cards collector, and gave him a really cool card (can't remember which one, but I believe it was a rookie card, maybe Griffey Jr.). It's the only time I've ever really liked Leno.

The look on Jaleel's face was priceless.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Jay Leno?

Draft saved Draft deleted