1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever Happened to Concern for Foreign Oil Dependency ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 31, 2010.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

As Pelosi might say, just because something's campaigned on doesn't give it substance.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I think no one's worried because Barack Obama is the president and all the oil-producing countries who harbor or sponsor terrorism love us now.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wow, you managed to get all the stereotypes into one post.

Well done.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Obama's got a long way to go before he surpasses W in disappointment ... you know, the guy who was going to be a "uniter, not a divider."

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Stereotypes? What stereotypes -- other than calling him a teleprompting reading foof -- and that's mostly just to rile up the reacharound crowd in a different posting universe --- everything else I wrote was true.

You voted for this guy and you can't tell me honestly you haven't been disappointed in his performance thus far -- and unfortunately for you and others of your ilk, you can't even blame the Republicans for his failures or lack of action because his party has been in charge, and by a lot of votes, from his first day.

6. zagoshe

You mean the guy who needed some legal wrangling to get over the hump to win the election?

Sorry, expectations for GWB was nowhere near the universe of Obama, who won by a landslide and who also brought with him his own congress and senate.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm not at all disappointed by his performance.

I'm deeply disappointed by the performance of congress and the senate, who have proven completely gutless in getting the legislation he wanted to get done passed. No matter what a president does, he can't do a thing without bills being on his desk to sign.

By the way, did you see Friday's back-and-forth with the GOP? Should be enough to get any normal-minded individual to put away the teleprompter meme once and for all.

8. fishhack2009

It should be. But it won't. After all, the Fox audience didn't even get to see most of it, and their Greek chorus started right in on the new meme, that he was "lecturing" and being "condescending."

9. zagoshe

Ahhh, well at least I see you read Zeke's talking points memo about Obama's ability to memorize talking points without a teleprompter....... ::)

And the fact that Obama, with a deck stacked as much as his is, can't unite his party and get things done more than he has calls into serious question his qualifications as the leader of a party, much less a country.

The health care debacle is a prime example of this -- he is so hell bent on trying to get something, anything at all, passed rather than craft together some sort of pragmatic piece of legislation that would (a) actually solve/fix the problems and (b) do so at a reasonable cost.

He could have been a visionary with that health care legislation, instead he's just another failed politician who is kissing up to special interests and listening to bad advice from lobbyists.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Can you point out how this is the case?

11. zagoshe

See failed health care legislation as exhibit A.

12. fishhack2009

Come on, Zag. The teleprompter thing is old and weak. Name the last president who didn't use one.

Draft saved Draft deleted