1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What'd the bitch/prick run off with?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Aug 11, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Because I wouldn't want to infringe upon FarmerJ's anniversary thread ... :)

Most of us, I imagine, have made little sentimental scrapbook-type gifts for a significant other on the occasion of their birthday/anniversary/whatever ... sometimes because you're cheap, more often because you're broke, but you still want to do something nice for them. Most of us also, I imagine, never see these gifts again after the relationship ends, no matter how much time or effort you put into it. And a lot of us, I imagine, wouldn't have minded having some of that shit back, especially at first.

So what's the most memorable gift or prized possession of yours that the "bitch" or the "prick" ran off with that you've never seen again/you really wish you had kept? (Doesn't have to be a scrapbook, just using that as my muse for this thread.)

Fire away ...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A Nirvana concert bootleg and my favorite pair of boots (don't ask).

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Gifts don't have to be returned after a breakup.
    They're gifts.

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

The number from my first marathon. It wasn't a gift but it ended up in her stuff and, to this day, she denies she has it.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Shaddup. Don't confuse me with facts. ;D

Or logic.

Or etiquette.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I had a poem (of my own) that was part of presenting the engagement ring to my ex-wife (the ring came after the asking, which was very spontaneous), and another poem I wrote engraved in wood for I believe our first anniversary. Don't really want 'em back, but I wish I had kept copies (like I do everything else to keep track of what I've written over the years).

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I gave back a gorgeous bracelet he had given me, and I really wish I still had it.

Also lost the cutest baby picture of me ever because I gave it to a guy I liked when I was a freshman in high school.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

The three or four hundred dollars I loaned him over the course of our last year together ... which he used to buy dope most of the time.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Haha ... yeah, umm ... beentheredonethat. :-[

10. pallister

pallister Guest

If you're gonna loan money to someone, might as well get married.  :D

Flash, you sound like my dad when you say "dope." Just an observation.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Sorry, I feel silly calling it 'weed,' 'grass,' or 'ganja.'

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A Nike Air Jordan tee shirt.  Had a picture of a pair of blue and black Jordans which looked like they were tied over the wearer's shoulder.  The girl was wearing it at my place when we got into the relationship ending fight and she stormed out.

Draft saved Draft deleted