1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Would You Do

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Jan 11, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Ok, so I'm moving. I hired a moving company.

As a kid (and even now through eBay) I collected all kinds of sports memorabilia like cards, my ticket stubs, programs, etc. When I left a pro team I worked for, they gave me some great stuff for frames. And, when I visit stadiums I always grab a program, some sort of framed print - stuff like that.

I'm sure there are some of you who have done and still do the same.

Here's the question: Do I chance putting everything on the truck? Or, do I take as much as I can in the car. My finacee says I'm nuts and to just put it all on the truck - it's a pick up, drop off with no storage. It's a straight route, although the trailer will be shared with someone else's stuff.

A lot of this stuff has meaning - and value.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you have smallish stuff you really value (and stuff you will need to get by for a week or so in the new town) you should take it in your car.

If you have 10 boxes worth of cards and whatnot, at least bring along a box of your favorites.

3. Kable

Kable Member

Always put anything real important in the car (i.e. computer, TV, etc.). In this case, your sports memorabilia.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

put a couple boxes of the best stuff in your car. you wouldn't put your new $3000 laptop on the truck, but just like the moving company will do its best not to lose your TV and dining room table, it also won't plan on losing your other stuff.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Anything you (or your wallet) would be crushed to lose -- put it in the car.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

If your son was at home
    Crying all along on the bedroom floor
    'Cuz he's hungry?
    And the only way to feed him
    Is to sleep with a man for a little bit of money

And his daddy's gone --
    Somewhere smokin' rock now
    In and outta lockdown
    I ain't got a job now

So for you this is just a good time
    But for me this is what I call life

7. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Just when I'd gotten that damn song out of my head...

Draft saved Draft deleted