1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 11, 2006.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If you do, and a Chipwich doesn't make at least the regional final, it's a fraud!

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Team up with Nolan Ryan to hide Ken Lay's body.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Do your sister.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Go on another date with Star Wars/He-Man boy.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Klondike Bar is the No. 1 selling ice cream confection.
    Now I want ice cream.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

http://members.tripod.com/~JB5353/familyguy/klondike.wav

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't want to sound like a total asshole by raining on anyone's parade, but here's my klondike story.

i was in the supermarket the other day trying to decide what kind of ice cream to buy. see, for years i bought two pints of ben and jerry's half baked low fat ice cream every week. problem is -- i'd eat too much. i went through almost the whole pint on sunday and the other on monday and have a couple spoonfuls left in each container for the rest of the week. damn i love that shit but i was eating way too much. so i figured i'd give up ice cream for a while because i don't have the self-discipline to resist ice cream in my freezer.

after about a month, i figured maybe if i bought some ice cream sandwiches that would be a good way to control my ice cream intake. i have enough willpower not to eat a second one so i'd only eat a finite, quantity, right? but i needed something a little healthy if i'm gonna eat ice cream every day. so that's why i was in the ice cream aisle on sunday. (and here's the part where i probably come off sounding like an asshole (which i'm not)). i looked at almost every box of ice cream sandwich that looked good (except for the 'fat boy' brand -- who came up with that name?). unfortunately klondike bars have 18 grams of fat each so those were out. i really, really wanted the klondike bars, especially when i saw that they have a reeses peanut butter flavor. that must be really good.

i ended up buying smiling cow brand low fact ice cream sandwiches. only 1.5 grams of fat per sandwich.

this is probably way more than you needed to know, but damn i want a klondike bar now.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

C'mon, Peppermint Patty is getting bootsed by Charlie Brown, so you can break off a piece of that.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You have it in you.

Draft saved Draft deleted