1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your second-choice school?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Aug 9, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Topic o' the day, in an attempt to find out even more about the members of our select group:

If we reveal where we went to school, some of us would be outed pronto.

But what was your second choice? Where would you have gone if your ultimate destination wouldn't have accepted you?

My second choice was SUNY-Potsdam. But they didn't want me. But luckily for me One of America's Gooder Universities said yes, otherwise I'd have ended up at Marietta, Muskingum or Baldwin-Wallace, my safety schools.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I was accepted by all three schools in which I expressed interest.
    One, Ohio State, was not financially convenient.
    The other was University of Florida.

The third, chosen school, doesn't have the national academic recognition of the previous two, but has certain intangibles.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

So Playboy voted said school to have best-looking women?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My second choice was Oklahoma State.  I transferred schools after my freshman year, and by my senior year I really regretted it.  I loved the education I did get, but I wish I would have picked my second choice before my freshman year and I would have never transferred to a school that didn't even make my radar in H.S. (OSU is NOT my alma mater, unfortunately).

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The University of Maine was my second choice, because it was so far away from home, and Miami (Fla.) was my third, because it was so far away from home. Surprisingly, I ended up at a small liberal arts college, about four hours away from home and a fraction of the size of either university. Occasionally I wonder how different things would be if I had gone to a big school.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I applied to about 10 different places and how I ranked those choices changed drastically throughout the process, but my final 2nd choice was Miami (Fla).

7. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

kid you not...Harvard.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was always more of a Yale guy.

Ball State was No. 2. This of course, was after I flunked out of Jayhawk U, went to Junior College, and realized I couldn't afford Northwestern.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Penn State was my first choice, but instead, I chose to save some money and attend a state school. At PSU, the weekends were buzzing, particularly on football Saturdays. Here, over half the student population went away (probably to PSU) on weekends. So much for "college atmosphere."

I should have transferred.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

University of Pennsylvania, but I couldn't justify sticking my parents with that bill.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Georgetown.

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

2. Harvard
    3. Yale
    4. DeVry

Draft saved Draft deleted