1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your "Must have" toy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 7, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Arrete la!

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Surprised no one's mentioned these, which were included among my "must-have toys":

[​IMG]

The original NES -- complete with Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt and the Olympic Games w/ footpad! -- was also an essential.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That was mine, but instead of the Olympics game I played Gotcha! all the time.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, but they were useless without Bebop, Rocksteady and Shredder. They needed someone to fight, after all.

Also, the Nerf Spiral football. I loved that thing.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Although if you really want to know my "must-have" toy (if you can consider it a toy), it'd be this:

[​IMG]

Same color and everything, same taped-up strike zone. Eventually, I wore out the pitch-back and had to stop throwing <a href="http://di1.shopping.com/images/pi/3b/84/cb/31072280-177x150-0-0.jpg">Ragballs</a>/baseballs at it after age 9 or so. Had to use a tennis ball or something, because there were too many holes in it. But it was good while it lasted.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Me too. And we still must play Griffey Junior baseball :D

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Ah, yes. Royals vs. Mets in a World Series. Count on it.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had them, too. My parents didn't spend time with their children, so they tried to buy our love. It worked for a little, and I enjoyed it.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I had that too, only in black. My dad actually used it more as a backstop when he would catch me when I practiced pitching in the backyard.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Mine was green with the red box. I loved that little guy.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For babelfish purposes, which language?

Draft saved Draft deleted