1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was the best day of your life?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Watching Eastern Michigan beat Duke in the 1996 NCAA tournament. They lost in the second round to UConn in a fairly close game for at least three quarters.

The 1991 Sweet Sixteen run would also be up there, beating Penn State, Mississippi State before losing to Dean Smith and North Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Feb. 15, 2000- Birth of jr.chef

May 13, 2000- Day I got married

OK; so it's two days.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Between Wrestle Mania and Splash Mountain those are 2 pretty good days that would be hard to top.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Having had our first baby in the last year, it's hard to choose. I'm going to go with when we found out it was a boy on the ultrasound.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

No, they'll get topped when I get married (This July) and when/if I have kids but, since the OP said to exclude those, yeah, I don't think they will. :)

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I think it's important, schieza. Mainly because I want to do the same thing. The future Mrs. Petrie wants to take me to a show, so maybe we'll just make it Mania :D

Seriously, I bet that was such a blast. Did you totally mark out?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Aside from my wedding, or watching other people accomplish something?

December 7-8, 2004. Won a good amount of money on a game show. Changed my life.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't know if you can nail it down as the best day, but I can tell you the best feeling I've ever had so I guess it goes together.
    last Friday in September 1989
    just finished the whole parade/ceremony graduating from boot camp
    walking up to my folks for the first time in uniform and seeing the look of pride on my dad's face.

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Hank - Seeing Eastern Michigan win the 1987 California Bowl in person was pretty cool, too. EMU 30, San Jose State 27, at Fresno State's Bulldog Stadium.

That means I've seen every bowl win in our alma mater's illustrious football history.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

No. 1, tie -- being born (if I wasn't born I couldn't have all these great days), my wedding, my son being born

No. 2 (or technically No.4) - Finding out my wife was pregnant

No. 3 (or No. 5, depending on how you're counting) - My wife saying "yes" when I proposed.

No. 4 (or No. 6, depending on how you count) - Oct. 20, 2009. Springsteen at the Spectrum. Took my sign request for "Higher & Higher" and proceeded to nail it, taking the show to another level. To start the encores, he points at me and says "great call on that my brother". Then, with one exception, he plays the song at every show the rest of the tour.

No. 5 (or 7, depending on your count) - Being in the left-center bleacher seats at Game 5 of the 2001 World Series. Watching the Yankees rally to tie it and then win it in extra innings was magical.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

1. The day I got married.
    2. The day I got to actually see my daughter being born, knowing she was going to be our last child.
    3. The day my younger son came home from Iraq.
    4. The day my older son got married.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

When I got my stamp-collecting badge in Scouts.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted