1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was that number?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 7, 2007.

1. Ike wrote that letter taking the blame for D-Day before the mission went off. He was willing to say, "This was my call and I screwed it up."
    That is what separates a true hero like him from our "decider" who can't admit he has made a single mistake during six of the worst years our country has ever had.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid post, point, very solid.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The key to that post is the first 5 words.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yes, Bob Woodward, is a damned liar! Politicians and lawyers are the people we should trust. Name one thing that Bob Woodward has done for the American people.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sure all this Bush bashing is negative, lefty, liberal spin. There's lots to like about ol' W, I'm sure.

So help me out.

Name three, positive successful things the man (or his handlers) has done in the past 6 1/2 years.

I'll compile the (soon to be lengthy) list and bludgeon the doubters to death with it.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'll never understand the people who proclaim that we'll look back 50 years from now and think of W as a competent, able president. Hell, I can't buy that we'll look back and think he was slightly better than what we all believe right now.

He's not. He's terrible. He's screwed up every single thing he's touched. There's nothing he's done right. Not one freakin' thing, other than get himself elected. Outside of that, he's done nothing. There's not one accomplishment of his presidency. He screwed up the economy, screwed up foreign relations, screwed up the military, divided the country, didn't fix social security, broke about hundred different laws, failed to uphold the Constitution and in eight years, never managed to form back-to-back coherent sentences.

Fifty years from now, we'll look back and think, "Son of a bitch, that guy didn't do dick."

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

dog,

You are not getting it. We're listing the good stuff.

OK, I'll start. Yesterday, when meeting the queen, Bush said that she had come to America to celebrate its freedom in 1776.

That's a good dig on the old battleaxe. I like a president who is willing to put queens in their places.

8. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I'm not saying I do. Hell, I haven't even read the book. But he does make it pretty clear in SOD 's first few chapters (which is all I've read) that Bush isn't exactly the best at the foreign policy side of things.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sorry, Dog, but it is certainly possible that Bush had a "Pastor Haggard" moment that will come out in the next 50-years.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's not helpful at all, Pastor.

Be positive!

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

HH, I don't know where you're getting the negative re-evaluation of Clinton. Dubya making him look better all the time in people's eyes. And Guy, I guarantee you less than 28 percent of the people want more troops in that sinkhole that didn't need to be attacked in the first place.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Hmm. Here's a good one:
    W is able to put on a nice suit.

Draft saved Draft deleted