1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do when your editor really screws up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kingcreole, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Thanks. When I get angry(like when I was writing that) my work tends not come out great.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You were angry about something that happened months ago?

3. Yes. It still makes me angry.

4. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Well, you're going to have a damned rough time of it in the business, if that's the case.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Just unfriend her on Facebook. That will show her.

Nothing like a school article on a national event. I smell an APSE.

I should try giving my editor the silent treatment. I'll still have my job, right? POP, it's time for you to find a board for kids your own age. If you are real, no one really wants to read about how hard life at Degrassi is.

6. You have some problem with me. What is it? What did I do?

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Journalists have real issues to deal with. This isn't a place for kids to hang out at. Don't you have school or at least need to get some outside time?

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Game 3 of the World Series last year was on a Saturday. Your school paper publishes a Sunday edition?

9. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Photog was there, but the SE/writer wasn't? Hmmmm - my guess is that the photog. himself/herself should have seen whatever it is the SE missed and passed it along----assuming that by the tone of this original posting it was something so obvious that a photog. would have noticed, too.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are you Drip?

11. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Agreed. Just move on.

12. Then, hit the ignore button and move on. And I am not a drip, or anything like that. Also, I still do not understand how I am hurting anyone. Hit the ignore button is my advice for you. What are the "real issues" that I keep ruining?

Draft saved Draft deleted