1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do, what to do......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So, I plan on winning the powerball tonight. A few hundred million dollars may come in kinda handy.

If you won the lotto, what would you do with it? Assuming I win the 345 million.......I would take the lump sum of basically 120 million after taxes.

ME:
    Pay off kids college, house, couple cars.......roughly $200,000 total there.
    Open a bar. Not some coffee shop in the morning type of krap. A bar. With beer. And whiskey. A bar that serves bar food. $200,000
    Invest in son's hunting/fishing lodge. $1,000,000
    One helluva vacation. $100,000
    Beer wagon for me and my boys. $50,000
    Condo in Arizona. $500,000

I have a good friend that is a trust officer at the bank his family owns. He would get a pile of money and his job would be to make me more money.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I would quit my job, replace my dying truck with something reliable and quietly try to do some good.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would give quite a bit of money to the schools. Turf the football and baseball field. Stuff like that.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I always thought of the ticket price as worth the time to just dream about the possibilities.

Chef2 likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe trade in the 18- and 28-year-old cars.

Maybe.

Buy a place in the mountains (Appalachian)
    Buy a place in the mountains (Urals)

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ballie Buddies - a rescue farm for Labs and basically any other kind of dog. Because everybody and every dog needs a ballie buddy.

Plus a place at the beach and a nice place here in NYC.
    Pay off the kids' mortgages, put a good bit in trust for the grandkid.

To quote Charles Barkley: Half of it on hookers and blow and the rest I'll just waste.

Always said if I did win a big one, half of it would be put away as my endowment. The other half would be my play money

Wenders likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Sorry. Chef2 already filled the position.

Spartan Squad, Vombatus and Chef2 like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't trust myself with $120 million. Seriously. I'd do dumb things with that much money.

So I'd try to give away about $118 million of it and then live comfortably off the interest of the remaining couple million.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Quit job

Pay off debt

Give one-time gift for all siblings and their children then tell them the bank is closed.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Two chicks at the same time.

bigpern23, Vombatus and Flip Wilson like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pay off my student loans
    Buy my sister a house
    Run for public office

Draft saved Draft deleted