1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What To Do In Milwaukee?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Apr 22, 2008.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Milwaukee Art Museum is a good optioni on the lakefront.
    http://www.mam.org/

I'm a big fan of the Residence Inn in Brookfield; it's a group of buildings sitting in the middle of a golf course.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I've been surfing the Interwebs and did you all know Milwaukee is home to the International Clown Hall of Fame and America's oldest sanctioned bowling alley? Also, I'm going to tour the Pabst Mansion - yes, THAT Pabst Blue Ribbon Pabst!

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Lamberts aren't too far away. Give J.T. and Cody a ring. They'll keep you entertained for hours.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Knock on the door of the Milwaukee Brewers and tell them you can't possibly be any worse than Ned Flanders Yost.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Seriously. Do that. You're Pete Fucking Incavilglia.

The Milwaukee County Museum isn't bad. Neither is the historic museum. If you've got little kids, the zoo is very good.

Milwaukee is awesome for food. For example, you get good pizza and eggplant at Balistereri's on 68th Street in Wauwatosa. But really, you should just go hang out in a neighborhood bar. That's where you get the soul of the place.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The Harley-Davidson museum will open in July...

http://www.wisn.com/entertainment/15703692/detail.html

7. pallister

pallister Guest

If you're there during Summerfest, it's a must-do.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I love visiting Wisconsin. Sounds cheesy (no pun intended), but I'm impressed by the civic pride. People in Wisconsin like being in Wisconsin. If not for the stupid-long winters I'd live in Madison in a heartbeat.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

That's because they're too dumb to find their way out. :D

10. Bubbler

I have nothing clever to play off of that, so, eat a dick, bitch! :D

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Bubs, my boss brings cheese curds back from Wisconsin often. They look nothing like the picture above. They're not fried, are they?

12. Bubbler

They can be. You can get them either way. If you go to a Wisconsin supper club, they'll be fried for sure.

I've never been into fried much, but I love me some non-fried curds.

That's another thing to do ... buy as much cheese and sausage as your cooler will allow. If you can get your hands on it, buy some Lynn's Cheddar (though that's hard to come by in Milwaukee). You won't be sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted