1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the heck has happened to Tiger Woods?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If he dumps Foley and begs Butch back, he will be back.

Until then, he won't win til 2012.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Aw, that's an old one. Paul Harvey used it about Jack Nicklaus when Jack shot an 83 in the 1981 British Open. Only his ended, "Now I do."

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Exactly what Lee Trevino said during some interviews at the Champions Tour event earlier this week.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

In that case, been nice knowin' ya', Eldrick. From what I've gathered from a couple of my golf writer friends, Tiger is many things, humble not being one of them. This is a guy who dumped his first blonde bombshell girlfriend and Fluff Cowan because they had the nerve to grant interviews.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oy vey.

People still don't actually believe that tripe about passing random tests, do they?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wish I could live a day in your naivete.

7. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Did you just out Chef2 as Lee Trevino?

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I love you guys dearly, but it's so typical of men to see this as a knee problem.

I heard a story about him recently, and I don't want to repeat it because it's forth-hand gossip. It has nothing to do with golf, really, and nothing to do with women. But the story was surprising to me because the gist of it was that he's lost his nerve.

Earl fucked him up and fucked him up good. If you want to know how to raise a child, look up what Earl did, and do the opposite. Google "narcissistic personality disorder." We know from his actions that Tiger's narcissistic, but how did he get that way? When a child is valued not for who he is-- unconditionally-- but only for his accomplishments-- a narcissist is created. Break through the brittle veneer of cockiness, and what you have is a very fragile, frail person. And that's what he is right now.

I think it's going to take a lot of intensive therapy to build him up, but I'm not sure he realizes he needs it.

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I steal from the best! :)

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It sure didn't seem like Tiger was fucked up in the head when he was winning tournament after tournament in previous years.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I wish. It would do Tiger a world of good to go down to Trevino's place in Texas for a week. Talk with Trevino. Get his head screwed back on.

It would amaze you how many players Trevino has given advice to; Not necessarily doing with golf.

12. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

You should be sentenced to a week with Ron Franklin for writing that.

A narcissistic athlete? Say it isn't so!

Draft saved Draft deleted