1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Should I Be Doing With My Newborn, Seriously

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Thanks for the advice.
    And I am being as serious as I am willing to be on this site.
    -3OctaveFart

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Daddy Daycare begins today for me. Wife is back at work and I have Jr. on my own from about 10am-5pm. So far so good, triple-header of college hockey off the DVR and he's eaten twice, sat in his chair and watching the colors on TV for a while, snoozed and now we're about to go out to get the mail.
    This child-rearing thing ain't too bad! :)

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Other than the soul-crushing lack of sleep, they start you off easy.

4. spikechiquet

Selfish, shameful plug. If you can take a second to vote for my kid, feel free. If not...that's on you. :p

http://t.meredith.ly/OjkrlSZ

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This thread was started about 5 1/2 years ago, and some of the original posters of this thread are gone, but I am guessing a few of us saw a major milestone happen today.

Congrats to the kids who are now students.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Adorable! Really and truly!! Hope she had a great day. :)

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Thanks. She said she cannot wait for school tomorrow, which is as good as it can get for the first day.

8. spikechiquet

Very cute! Hope it goes well!

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Congrats to your kindergartener, 93. Before I saw your post I went back to the start of this thread, too, to see how long it's been. Pete_Incaviglia's "newborn" also should have started kindergarten this year. Haven't seen Pete in these parts in quite a while, but wanted to wish him and his little girl the best on her start to school. This thread is one of the better ones at showing how SportsJournalists.com can be a pretty cool community.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Awaiting the first jlee jr in April. I read through this thread again and enjoyed all the highs, lows and book reccos.

So... how’d y’all prepare your pets? I got a cat and a dog. Neither have never shown any aggression.

Long time listener, first time caller (no, really, I made a similarly titled thread in 2009 about halibut). I’ll hang up and listen.

garrow, Baron Scicluna and amraeder like this.
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

They understand.

If they don’t, kill them.

Seriously, they know the one thing they don’t fuck with is the kid and they will protect the kid. It’s a weird nature thing.

And congrats.

Neutral Corner and jlee like this.
  12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

We
    Were worried about that with the dog, since she was a westie and they can be jealous. But didnt have any issues. Gave her some stuff the baby had worn to sniff before we let her get near the kid, and were SUPER careful at first with her around the baby. But...I dont think we needed to do any of that. I think it woulda been fine.
    Congrats!

jlee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted