1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What salary would satisfy you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Farva: I'd buy a ten million dollar car.
    Thorny: That's fine I'd still pull you over.
    Farva: Bull Shit. You couldn't pull me over, and even if you did I'd activate my car's wings and I'd fly away.

Don't know the number, but enough to stay out of debt, save some money and still have enough for a social life. I'm sure that will be a lot more than I have in mind now once I get married and have kids.

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Yeah, but that's Canadian. Oh, wait ...

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, that math doesn't add up anymore, does it? :p

4. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

I am thinking about getting out of the industry, making about 10K more and making 5-10K freelancing. That way I could take the family on a vacation once a year, pay off some debts and fix things around the house a bit.
    Right now I am paycheck to paycheck. So far I'm 0-2 on interviews in the last month but I have two more jobs where I'm waiting to hear from.

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I'd like to make $40,000. That would give me a chance to pay what needs paying and still live a little.

6. joe

joe Active Member

I've made everything from $9.10 an hour to $23.78 an hour in this business. In all honesty, $23.78 is much fucking better.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I just want to make more than people who are not college grads, like the checkers at safeway

8. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

I just want enough to live comfortably, without worrying about which bills i want to pay with my next paycheck...

In the area of the country I'm living in, 35k would probably get that done. I'm not greedy.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. $55K Canadian? That's like... well, shit, that's like $55K.

Draft saved Draft deleted