1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What planet does Bill O'Reilly live on?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hell, Air America had better ratings than Falafel Boy.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Indeed...

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well, on a broad basis, Helms and Fredo's records are indefensible.

Were both wrong about EVERYTHING? No. But hitting .180 doesn't cut it in this league, especially when it's sufficiently evident that many of the "hits" were made for the wrong reasons.

The jury's back on these guys. Not interested in going back to Square One with these losers and re-evaluating every square yard of the smoking ruins.

4. Only for idiots.

And I'm not calling you or Care Bare that. There are plenty of people on radio and TV that I agree with completely, yet utterly loathe and want nothing to do with watching or listening to.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I know what you are saying, Slim, it's just a lot of he choir he is preaching to sits there and yells YEAH! at their TV and cares less how he gets the point across.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ginning up the base. Builds ratings nicely. Ask Fatman, Boy Blunder, Mark Livid, et al.

7. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I consider myself the luckiest man ...
    No, wait, wrong speech.
    I consider myself conservative, but I can't stand to watch O'Reilly consistently badger and bully guests and put words in their mouths they'd never utter.
    OK, Bill, you're the greatest. The best ever. Did that feel better? Does that compensate for possible shortcomings in other areas of your life? I hope so.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Helpless, without control of the mike.

Helpless.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that I have never once denied that Jesse Helms was a racist -- just that those on the left in these threads were being hypocritces (no surprise there) because a few weeks ago on a thread about Ted Kennedy and Mark Madden there was a whole lot of whining about saying mean things about a sick dying man......

Except for the fact that never once have I ever defended Bush's "war", just pointed out that he had the blessing of a whole lot of people on your side of the aisle, too.....

Nice try, though

Draft saved Draft deleted