1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What, no Valentine's Day thread??!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 13, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I bought my wife a Valentine's Day present two weeks ago (a Keurig), but she was home when it got delivered, so we've been using it since. She got me nothing (which I'm fine with because, frankly, I hate this holiday in general).

We were going to go to dinner tomorrow, but our 2-year-old is sick, so we bought some filet mignon and she's going to cook a fantastic meal tomorrow. I'll partake in a great bottle of wine with it (she's due March 9, so she'll be jealously watching me enjoy it).

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My wife and I are getting our first dog today. That's the extent of our Valentine's Day activities.

YankeeFan and Amy like this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Wife had surgery yesterday, so it's Chinese takeout tonight after the demons go to bed.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish. Lonely single mom has a boyfriend a thousand miles away, and all three kids will be in the house. I won't be that lucky.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have Sinatra blasting right now. My lady is cooking me crepes -- savory AND sweet! Then tonight, we are going to get under the covers and watch a movie. I am exhausted from the week, but it doesn't get any better than this.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Drug the kids, get the lonely mom drunk, and then let her have her way with you.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No kidding. Flip, all I see is "a thousand miles away."

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wife and I went to a showing of Princess Bride/Cary Elwes book signing last night. Tonight, made a reprisal of the first meal I ever cooked for her (chipolte-raspberry marinated stuffed pork tenderloin).

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

The night actually went better than expected. Wife prepared dinner of perfect beef tenderloin and some potato gratin dish. Dessert was cream and berries in crispy cups. Plenty of wine. Lonely single mom invited the wife to a sex toy party (kinda like Tupperware parties of old, but cooler and kinkier and with more wine) later this month, so I've got that to look forward to.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, that's interesting! Now sj.com will be in suspense for a month.

Also, I'd be a little worried if she comes home with beads.

Riptide likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted