1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What - No GOP Presidential Debate Thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 3, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well, hell, what's new? You-all knew that Brownback, Huckabee, and (especially!) Tancredo were simple, pandering idiots. Just fresh evidence.

You can hear them singing, "I've learned . . . to be stoopid . . . and you . . . should be, too . . . yee-haw".

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I refuse to pay attention to these debates. We are just under 2 years away from having a new President.

It's time you won't get back in your life. I'd rather spend 8 hours a day here at sj posting inane thoughts.

3. unwitty

unwitty Member

Yea, it's almost as inane as journalists paying attention to spring training games, or pre-season football, or college football spring practices, or any high school sport in a town of 1,000 people.

Let's not throw stones in a glass house.

4. Boom_70

well - "unwitty" is apt handle.

timewise this would be comparable to spring training starting in November

ps - since I am not a journalist I can toss all the stones I want on this one.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

While there may still be alot of time before the election, the new trend is states trying to become relevant by tripping over themselves to move to the earliest primary date. This will shorten the primary campaign & move it backwards (making the , and leave a long, dull gap when we know who the candidates are until the real campaign starts. It also makes these early debates slightly less meaningless. I didn't see it, but from what I've heard, the big outcomes were a huge step forward for Huckabee (not necessarily enough to make him a player), a small step forward for Romney, and a big step back for Guiliani. We'll see.

6. Boom_70

By summer everyone including the canidates will be burnt out. Many of the issues debated now will have a much different look in a year.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The GOP field may be different in a year. I'm convinced Fred Thompson will jump in this fall. The GOP is pining for another Gipper and he already has strong support. I think Newt will jump in also, but he won't be successful.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Agreed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't know about his ability to raise money, but Huckabee surely shone in the debate format.

McCain was horrible.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Three Republican candidates do not believe in evolution.

Oy

Fucking

Vey

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I had that reaction, too.

Why would they fall for such an obvious, "show of hands" trap question?

Just stand there, idiots. That answer cannot help you in the long run.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Whats the trap?

Either you believe in evolution or you don't. And I would like to know which ones do or don't. I assume they don't have a problem talking about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted