1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What, no Democratic Debate thread? (w/Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Jun 3, 2007.

1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Do we really need to keep cutting taxes? I mean, tax cuts are great and all, and I'm all for giving less of my money to the government, but taxes can't always get cut.

Our economy is doing fine, and with all of the key issues of this election--increasing troop funding (needed), dealing with immigration (needed), universal health care (seemingly wanted), finding alternative fuel options (needed), keeping up with homeland security and dealing with our debt--it seems like it'd be hard to justify cutting funding to the government now.

And besides, most of the tax cuts don't really apply to me anyway. And since I'm already giving away money to social security, Medicare and Medicaid (all of which will likely be dry by the time I need them), I might as well throw a little more towards the fogies who decide what to do with it.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hell, we're at the point where we might have to elect a democrat, just to get the deficit under control.

Draft saved Draft deleted