1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new shows will you watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 15, 2010.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Someone had to be the sacrifical lamb vs. Greys and CSI ... why not The Donald?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Lone Star will be this year's Skin and Girls' Club: The heavily promoted Monday night show that bombs and is nuked after a couple episodes. O/U is 3.5. Take the under.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smith is the other show that comes to mind. Huge promotion. Huge name cast. I think it lasted four shows.

I actually liked it, but shows with that kind of overhead better get big ratings immediately.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's in a tough slot - perhaps the most brutal slot of the week Dancing, The Event, and 2 and half men - none of those shows are cheap to produce. Expect at least one, or two, of the shows to move. Throw in ESPN's Monday night football and that is at least three shows fighting for the female audience.
    The big unknown is American Idol - it could drop a third this year easy, opening up Tuesday nights for actual competition.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think The Event may be one of the doomed shows. CBS gets its audience on Monday night, so does DWTS and so does House and MNF. At least Lone Star will have the benefit of having House as a lead-in.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Event is one of those shows that is going to need to pop early and keep an audience. Shows like this don't tend to grow over time. People either lock in or they don't. I would have put it on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. or could see it switch to 10 p.m. Thursdays. That slot means too much at NBC to be wasted on The Apprentice.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've got a ton of the new shows set to DVR next week but I'm not holding out hope for much of anything.

The Event looks like Flashforward and Lost had a baby, dropped the baby on its head and sent it through the Baltimore inner city public school system.

S**t my dad says looks like someone spent too much time watching King of Queens, thought "Wow, that Arthur sure is funny!", popped on Twitter to say as much and then saw the original SMDS twitter updating and said "Now, this is original!"

About the only show that's really interested me is Raising Hope. The preview honestly had me rolling but that could just be because I find that kind of humor hilarious.

Oh, and "My Generation" seems like a cool idea for a show/special but then I found out it was all fake so, no, I'm all set.

8. Flash

Flash Active Member

I'm as hot for Twitter as any attention-seeking dork but I have a hard time believing Shit My Dad Says will be anything other than a monumental #fail.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I'll watch Boardwalk Empire and Law and Order: Los Angeles (Terence Howard is the draw for me).

I want to see Outlaw cause I am a huge Jimmy Smits fan, but I don't wanna get invested in a show that will be done shortly.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I think I'll try that Mike & Molly Show and The Defenders.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What is the premise of Mike & Molly supposed to be? For once, the fat guy starring in a sitcom doesn't end up with a hot, skinny woman?

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

They meet at an Overeaters Anonymous meeting.

Draft saved Draft deleted