1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What new shows will you watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 15, 2010.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I have decided nothing new looks good, so I will use netflix to watch the Entourage, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Big Bang Theory (never have seen a whole ep) and Quantum Leap (I'm sure at some point, I missed one along the way as a kid). May see if Murphy Brown is worth a re-watch.
    I did this with Scrubs last summer and blew through all the seasons pretty quick.

Enjoy your new fall TV, I'll enjoy my old fall TV until Eureka and Psyche come back on.

I will be watching V and Smallville still though.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Sunday and Monday are my TV nights. Don't think there's much new either night, except "Mike and Molly." I don't think 30 minutes of fat jokes make for a good show. I'll probably go with "Hawaii Five-0."
    I'm unhappy that "Big Bang Theory" is moving. I don't have (nor want) DVR or TiVO.
    With football on both of those nights, not much room for anything else.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'll give L&O LA and Defenders a shot, tho I'm not hopeful of them being terribly good. And I hope Shit fails. Shatner is successful when he's over the top in situations where you wouldn't expect it (spaceship, law office). When the batshit crazy is without a context, it goes from kitsch to tedium

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

watching Quantam Leap from the pilot on to the end is one hell of an idea. I loved that show ... OH BOY.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is V coming back?

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Yuppers

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Glad to be of service...been watching them on netflix on-demand. For some reason, the pilot isn't on there though, so will have to order the disc.

Yeah, it won't start until Nov. according to my wife. I'm sure ABC.com has the date. I'll just wait until it pops up on the DVR.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Boardwalk Empire'

9. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Maybe the public likes Selleck but many of the people that work with him don't hold the same view. He's well known as a primadonna. In this series alone, he's already runoff the executive producer/showrunner.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/exec-producer-ken-sanzel-to-exit-blue-bloods-after-behind-the-scenes-creative-tension-with-tom-selleck/

10. Mizzougrad96

I read somewhere that Selleck being a pain in the ass had a bit to do with them not continuing with Las Vegas, which was getting pretty good ratings when it was canceled.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It should be an interesting season regardless. You've got a bunch of shows on their last legs (the CSIs, ABCs dramas,) a bunch of new shows that remind people of other shows and advertisers not particularly crazy about any of them. Could be mass carnage early.
    And the new Apprentice had a disastrous debut on Thursday.

12. Mizzougrad96

I can't believe NBC thought a non-Celeb Apprentice would work at this point.

Draft saved Draft deleted