1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What misperceptions do people have about you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 26, 2010.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

We've come to the conclusion that when we have kids, everything will change. And I'm fine with that.

But right now, this is the arrangement that's worked for us for five years and I don't see a need to mess with what's not broken, you know?

And you'll be surprised at how often this actually comes up. At least once a week I find myself "defending" my so-called position.

2. My friends and family think I can just up and leave and get another job in the business when I say I'm alone and not really enjoying living where I do.

One of my friends thinks an internship at ESPN is the answer to a better life for me.

Women by and large think I'm dumb because I'm not Mr. SexyAsFuck and they can tell me anything and I'll believe it.

I do love sports, but I'm really not inclined (nor required) to explain every single difference and rule that you don't understand.

That I'm harsh, mean, rude, anything of the sort. I'm an introverted cat that's had a rough time socially and pretty much given up on finding a social life.

However, it is true that I sing and rap lyrics from many songs to myself in public to keep you motherfuckers from talking to me :)

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Outing alert: silvershadow1981 is me, except I graduated in 1982. ::)

4. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

That I'm an aloof prick when I'm really just shy and quiet.

5. I think he meant his personal life is separate from his professional - ie, money-earning life - not separate from his wife's.

6. HA! '81's my birth year though.

Draft saved Draft deleted