1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Legacy Do You Hope to Leave Behind/Contribution to Society

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I had the most interesting interview this morning where I was asked about what legacy I want to leave behind as a journalist and a person. Also, I was asked about what I feel would be my most significant contribution to society.

I thought it would be great to see how you would all answer this. Mind you, I did find that I was a little too young to already leave a legacy, but it got me thinking about it.

This is supposed to be a serious question (no threadjacking and again be serious with your response).

What legacy do you want to leave behind as a journalist/person? And, what would be your most significant contribution to society?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've modified what I hope my contribution will be. I hope to still write a book or two that a few people will enjoy reading, even if I'm dead. But most importantly, I hope I raise my son to be a wonderful person who has a very happy and fulfilling life, like I've had. I can think of no better legacy.

3. Cansportschick

I don't think anyone knows what to say to these questions. Alley is the only one to have posted.
    See, I knew it would be a toughie...

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My awesome body.

5. Cansportschick

Blubber, would you actually say this in an interview if you were asked? ;)

I think we should have a look to make sure it's quite a legacy.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

"My awesome body" followed by "Blubber" instead of Bubbler.

Awesome. :D

7. Flash

Flash Guest

This post is useless without pictures.

[​IMG]

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Knowing that somewhere along the line, I made:
    A) a trip to Walmart with Blubber
    B) traced tanlines
    C) Got drunk with Jones...

I could die with the knowledge I was whole...

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

To be honest, I don't care if I leave "legacy" where I'm remembered. Great if everyone says nice things about me. But I'd rather just go through life doing what I can to help and be good, and if that means having a lasting legacy fine, and if I'm just another anonymous guy who did a few (though probably never enough) good things here and there, well, fine. Being remembered is cool, but that shouldn't be your motivating factor.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I posted a pic of my rack on a website and know I helped to make one man's day.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm working on becoming the first person to win the World Series of Poker main event, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the Nathan's hot dog eating contest in the same year.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

When I left a small weekly paper to take my first sports editor job at a daily several years ago, I'll never forget getting a few thank you notes about a week or so later from some high school student-athletes who told me that the stuff I wrote of their games, accomplishments, etc. was worth a lot to them because they'd always be able to look back at the articles and remember good times in their life. That made me feel like a million bucks that day. It makes me feel good today to remember that again.

Draft saved Draft deleted